Are you a solicitor or barrister looking for a change of direction?
We are a rapidly growing online legal content company based in London WC1. Brought to you by the team behind FromCounsel, the leading corporate intelligence service developed by barristers from Erskine Chambers and experienced Professional Support Lawyers from city firms, we are a well-funded legal-tech start-up looking for experienced qualified lawyers to work on an exciting new project within the legal services market.
We are looking for top-quality lawyers with backgrounds in well-respected firms or chambers with significant post-qualification experience advising clients within one of the following areas of practice: Company/Corporate, Commercial (contract, dispute resolution, debt, insolvency), Employment, Commercial Property, IP/IT. Experience in ancillary areas may also be considered.
You will be leading a team of junior writers to develop, deliver and maintain written legal content for an innovative new online legal know-how service. You will be responsible for planning, coordinating and ensuring quality control of content within your allocated area of expertise. You will also be liaising with other in-house lawyers to develop the product so must be comfortable both working in a team and taking individual ownership of projects to secure results. Flexibility and an enthusiasm for applying your expertise outside of traditional legal working environments are a must.
You will bring strong practical experience of your area of practice, understand the needs of different audiences and be able to tailor your advice and adapt accordingly. You will have a demonstrable flair for writing easy-to-read, original, high-quality content and a genuine interest in communicating knowledge to others. An excellent standard of written English and a commitment to delivering a consistently high standard of work to deadline are absolutely essential requirements of this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for qualified lawyers looking to join a dynamic online company and use their legal expertise in a rewarding, flexible and friendly working environment. Full and Part-time positions available.
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister.
- Exceptional written communication skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Extensive technical legal knowledge and practical experience advising lay clients in one or more of the above practice areas.
- Strong research skills.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and an interest in innovation in the delivery of legal services.
- Ability to write within a defined tone of voice.
- Ability to distil technical legal content into easily understood, accessible copy with broad appeal.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and lead a team of junior writers to deliver results.
- A proactive approach and enthusiasm for working in a start-up environment.
- Demonstrable ability to complete projects to demanding deadlines.
- Copy-editing and proof-reading skills.
- Prior editorial, writing, content experience.
- Prior experience leading/managing a team or commercial project.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV and covering letter setting out how you meet the role requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference ‘Managing Editor’.